Water Skiing, Tubing and Wakeboarding
Water sports are becoming increasingly popular, but result in lots of accidents. Here are some safety tips to keep your friends and loved ones safe.
- Wear life jackets.
- Make sure water skiers know the hand signals to communicate with the boat.
- Do not participate in water sports in the dark.
- Check your towing equipment to make sure it is secure.
- If you are tubing make sure that it is properly inflated.
- Make sure there is a designated spotter to watch the status of the rider/skier.
- Watch out for other boats or potential objects in the water.
- When turning, watch out for the slingshot effect, which is when the towed device continues across the wake and may hit objects in water.
Stay safe and enjoy fun in the sun this summer!
This entry was posted in Child Safety & Injury
, Personal Injury