Pool Fun Turns Tragic
A fun day in the sun turned tragic this past Friday. A 9-year-old boy was pulled from an apartment swimming pool when he jumped into the deep end. Emergency workers performed resuscitation at the scene, but the boy was pronounced dead at WakeMed Hospital on Saturday morning.
Water activities are fun and enjoyable, but require extra precautions when children are involved. Pool submersions happen quickly. Here are some things to look for at community pools to keep everyone safe and having fun:
- Check for life saving devices or make sure there are lifeguards on duty.
- Read the pool rules. Rules are important for everyone’s safety.
- Pay attention because accidents can happen in an instant.
- Check to see if there is a phone near the pool.
- Never leave children unattended at a community pool.
This entry was posted in Child Safety & Injury
, Personal Injury
, Water Safety